Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Body in Psychotherapy - a "touching" letter from 'C'

"Hi Andre,

Now I have had some time to reflect on our afternoon I could probably look you in the eye again!

It was a liberating experience. Im not sure what I was expecting but I enjoyed it, afterwards I felt really good. I had been going through a bad time but whatever you did really helped, I felt much more centred and happy.

Until now I had never thought about my formative years in terms of touch before. I only knew the abusive kind I guess... :(

I'm aware most childhoods are dysfunctional and mine's no different. Since you asked, and perhaps in a way this may explain some of my reluctance to let go; Im a girl with daddy issues! ...my father left my mother when I was very young not to return. After 18 months old my mother only ever fed me bread and water, as a consequence I have a severely limited diet and food problems today, although somewhat improved. I had a non-relationship with my stepfather. They had two daughters but I remained out-cast and used as a childminder. Soon after I made bad relationship and life choices involving sexual/physical abuse some of which I experienced while underage with my stepfathers friend... The first 20 years sucked!
 
 
... I thought as sexually open as I am I would be fine...However Ive come to the conclusion that there is no hiding here, what I experienced was authentic and real and all the while I can keep up with the best of them, truly surrendering is another thing all together... Thank you for your time, Tantra is definitely something I want to explore :)

I also need to return your umbrella!

Regards,
C "

No comments:

Post a Comment